REL’s 2016 Twin Cities Marathon Mile Dedications
I’m incredibly blessed and grateful for the opportunity, strength and ability to run and chase after my wildest dreams. I am also equally as fortunate to have the most amazing friends, family and supporters that not only believe in me, but my dream and mission to inspire youth and give back to communities in need.
It’s important that I take the time to thank everyone that has put up with my crazy (and often annoying) Run Like REL passions and ideas. Here’s to all of YOU AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND ANOTHER EPIC TWIN CITIES MARATHON!
START WITH A DREAM
1. JAY KAY! TWIN! ALL WE DO IS (T)WIN! You are amazing in every way and I am so thankful to call you my sister, best friend, better half and my partner in crime. I know you do a lot for me and I really appreciate all of your help and support- always. I’ll see you once again at another FINISH LINE (with flowers and chocolate?!) and I wouldn’t have it any other way. LOVE YA MORE THAN WORDS!
2. AUNTIE DIANE, BARB AND MAMA! I love you so much. You are hilarious and beautiful and I can’t wait to see you and your disposable camera as I run by you haha too darn cute. #PleaseUpgradeNextYear
3. DARRELL THOMPSON AND THE ENTIRE BOLDER OPTIONS FAMILY! Darrell, you are seriously the best (and chillest/coolest) mentor EVER and I am BEYOND thankful to have you in my life. RLR would be just a dream without you and your willingness to help and calm me down when I need a chill pill (you are amazing for putting up with my crazy mind and ideas!) Thanks for being YOU and for doing the incredibly challenging and crucial work you do- day in and day out.
You continue to awe me with your humbleness and giving heart. Thanks for caring, leading and giving back to the next generation of leaders. I will continue to strive to be the best leader and youth advocate I can be and can only hope to continue to make you proud!
Also, shout outs to other amazing youth organizations close to my heart- Achieve Mpls, ThreeSixty Journalism, C2I, YMCA and College Possible- you all allow RLR to learn, grow, serve and help make our communities and youth we serve better and stronger-everyday!
4. ALLEN! LOVE YOU BRO! AND OLIVIA! You two are two peas in a pod and so supportive of one another and me- thank you both for being YOU! You are honestly the most annoying and stubborn little brat ever, but I still love you and you think it is funny when you were my running gear. FYI, it’s really not. You are a true BALLER and I am proud of you! Keep being you!
5. COACH! ALVAREZ! You seriously put up with so much from me and give me the best advice and encouragement-ALWAYS. Thanks for allowing me to share my passion for running and community with you for more than 10 years now (CRAZY!) Thanks for always answering my questions and still finding time to run fun races with me- Rocky’s is gonna be a blast this year!) You are a huge reason why I love being myself, a runner and most of all helping and encouraging others to accomplish and crush their own running goals.
6. GRANDPA ANDY AND GRANDPA JOE. I have never wanted anything more in the world than to make both of you proud. I could write a novel about how much I truly love and deeply admire you both for all you are and all that you have done for me and so many others. You both mean more than the world to me and I will always have you in my heart, especially when I am on my way to accomplishing great things. I always look up around mile 20 for strength because I know Grandpa Joe is watching over me and smiling.
CHASE AFTER IT.
7. GRANDMA GERRY AND THE HABERSTROH FAMILY- Grandma-You are the most kind and caring soul I know and I love you so much for everything you are. You are truly the best and I am so blessed and grateful to have such an amazing and supportive grandma in my life. No words will ever describe how thankful I am for all you have done- I will be thinking of you on race day as I head down Summit Avenue! Auntie Lisa and family– thank you for being so amazing and supportive, I love you all and will be thinking of you all as well as I head to the finish line this year!
8. RLR 2016 RAGNAR RELAY TEAM! We killed it and you all inspire me more than you’ll ever know! So grateful and blessed to know this truly amazing group of individuals that I now consider family. Bolder Options and RLR are lucky to have you all as supporters- can’t wait til next year!
9. MY BEAUTIFUL TADS FAMILY (including, but not limited to: Rachael, Marty, Joel, Sarah K., Jordan S. & of course the FUNDS TEAM! I love each and every one of you in my own quirky way and I couldn’t ask for a better team to work with everyday. Thanks for your continuous support and for making me feel apart of a family that does amazing and meaningful work day in and day out. I love the work I do and you all make it that much more amazing.
10. TRICIA SKIVER AND ERIK SWOVERLAND! First of all, YOU GO GIRL! So proud of you Tricia- YOU have come so far and I am super excited for you to crush your first marathon! You are so amazing and I am so happy we crossed paths- I know we will continue to keep in touch and hopefully motivate and train for some upcoming fun races together! YOU ARE GOING TO CRUSH TCM!
SWOV- thanks so much for all you do for my sister and I- your support and friendship means a lot to us. I will always be there for you as a friend and mentor, no matter what, you know I have your back and you have mine! You continue to challenge and motivate us everyday to get out of our comfort zone and become a stronger version of ourselves, so then we can continue to grow, learn and better serve others. Both of you are so incredibly encouraging and strong, thanks for inspiring me- always!
11. DALIA AND TRACY! My girlfrannsss til the END, I will be thinking of your amazing strength and sassiness to get me through this race! Thank you both for always being by my side through the ups and downs, I don’t know what I would do without you two wild and crazy party, badass and down to business ladies! So proud of you both know we have many more adventures ahead of us- excited to cross more finish lines with you both in the years to come! LOVE YOU BOTH TO THE MOON AND BACK!
12.GOOD VIBES TRIBE (Katrina, Aviva, Meghan, Anna) All you beautiful ladies are amazing in every way and I couldn’t ask for a better group of girlfriends to tackle and crush life goals and dreams with. Can’t wait for all the upcoming fun adventures together, you ladies are my everything!
13. KAITLIN YODER-HENLEY AND MOLLY MERZ! My soccer/lynx buddies! I love you both so much and am so grateful to have you both in my life and call you my friends for life. Will be thinking of both of you incredibly strong and resilient women to get me through this marathon! Love ya both!
OH OH, I’M HALF WAY THERE…LIVING ON A PRAYER #truth
14. ALL DREAM CAREERS STAFF AND ALL THE DREAMERS! (Including but definitely NOT limited to: Ramih, Bob, Miranda, Kate Edwards, Caitlin Casado, Tabby, Krysann, Clayton, Jackie, Angie & Scott and ALL of the L.A. dreamers and staff that I love and miss so much!) No words to describe how you have all changed my life in so many positively amazing ways- I will be thinking of each and every one of you. Keep wearing your wristbands, I am always there with you on your journey to chasing after your dreams. Thank you all for your love and support, you have no idea how much it means to me!
15. RAHLETTA & XIA XIONG- ah you ladies kick butt and take names like no ones business. You both are some of the strongest women and mothers I know. Thank you for your continuous love and support and for inspiring me to keep accomplishing my goals and my wildest dreams while continuing to live my passion to give back and support other amazing women (like YOU) in their journeys.
16. WIFEY (CHARLOTTE), KUE BOO AND RAMO! I MISS AND LOVE YOU BOTH! All of us are crazy and fun in our own unique ways and I wouldn’t change our friendship for the world, thank you both for being such amazing and supportive friends for all these years. So many good times and so many more to come! Also including a big shout out to Jarrid (aka J-Reed Freshness) & Brotha Benson- you two are the best, thanks for loving, supporting and putting up with us bears, jessica and I love and appreciate you!
17. BEV BACHEL AND DANIELLE ALPHONSE. You two women inspire and motivate me to be my best self and continue to carry out RLR’s mission stronger everyday. Thank you both for being the strong, beautiful and powerful women you are. Idea Girls and Be You and Thrive are the best two platforms I have come across this year- thank you for all you do, I admire you both immensely!
18. LANI BOO! Thank you for being YOU! You inspire me to be my best self; everyday! I am so glad we have stayed friends after we met at TADS and I can’t wait for our amazing futures ahead! Keep kicking ass and taking names in law school- girl you frickin’ ROCK and I mean really mean it! Thanks for always being there for me- you know I always have your back too- friends for life ! Keep being amazing!
19. MANO (AND CUTE (NOW BIG BOY) AVERY! Mano, we have come along way and we have both grown up a lot together over the past few years. You are so beautiful inside and out. Avery is such a beautiful blessing to us all, thank you for allowing me to be apart of his life. You are a great mother and friend and I am excited for our journeys ahead. Keep hustlin’ lil mama, you will go so far and have already come such a long way- so proud and happy for you! Can’t wait to be one of your bridesmaids on your special day!
20. MY SWEET CANDYLAND FAMILY (Julie, Tanya, Brandon, Sarah, the whole Lamb family) You are all family and I am so grateful for all your support and all you have done for me and my sister. Thanks for making us feel loved and part of the family- your continuous love and support mean the world and we love all of you so much! Excited to come back for my 11th Christmas season as a Candyland gal!
RUN WITH IT.
21. SUEMEE LEE AND LEAH RENTER! MY UST TOMMIE GIRLS! Ah, you both are amazing in every way and I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life. Will be thinking of you every step and mile of this 26.2 mile journey-thanks for being my cheerleaders and allowing me to cheer you on in your life journey as well, so proud of you both!
22. KATIE R. You are an all-star. You win at everything and I am so glad that we are friends and new cube mates! So happy I’ve have gotten to know you better over the past year in and out of TADS. You are a true leader and I am so proud of all that you’ve accomplished thus far- I know you will continue to accomplish great things and cross more finish lines-I’ll be there cheering you on and supporting you always!
23. ERIN! MY BOO! Ah, we are still (and always will be) the greatest team ever! Thanks for being the beautiful friend and cheerleader you are, I miss you and can’t wait to see you along the course. Your love and support means the world to me and I am so glad we will always continue to support one another. Thanks for being an amazing leader and friend, can’t wait to brunch with you!
24.YMCA SUPPORTERS, FRIENDS AND MENTORS (Including, but not limited to: Kathleen, Tinzing, Alain and and all my YMCA family and supporters-Andrew Hoffman) YOU ALL rock and are amazing (and FIT), thanks for your smiles, encouragement and support! I am also shouting out Zoe in this dedication- girl you are amazing and badass, thanks for being YOU!
25. BRIANNA, SOUL SISTER! I love and miss you so much. YOU are so special to me and I always think of you when I need strength and motivation to keep going and doing what I love. April 3rd is an even more amazing day because of YOU and I am so thankful to have you in my life and call you my friend. I need to see more of you, but I know no matter where we are in the world, we will always be close. You hold a special place in my heart girl, keep inspiring and being the amazingly talented, beautiful and creative person I LOVE!
26. NICK HOUSEWRIGHT, there is no doubt that there are some days when you believe in my dream more than I do. Your friendship, continuous support and pure generosity is what truly keeps me motivated to continue to inspire others and NEVER GIVE UP. YOU ARE THE BEST and I can’t thank you enough for everything you have done for me. You will truly never know how much I admire you – you have the kindest heart and I couldn’t ask for a better friend.
.2. HALEZ AND MY MN LYNX TEAM! ALL I NEED FOR MY EXTRA MOTIVATION TO FINISH STRONG!