Lately I’ve been struggling with the internal push and pulls of chasing after my constantly running dreams and aspirations.
I’ve asked myself many times;
Where do I start? I want to do and experience it ALL!
How do I know what’s best to focus on and put my energy into? How do I best prioritize when so many things are important?
Why do I feel overwhelmed and/or shame myself when I’m unable to fully commit to all the opportunities that I’d like to?
I know as a go-getter, problem solver and an aspiring super woman this has been constant struggle, both mentally and physically.
I love and am passionate about so many things.
That isn’t a bad thing, but it can often be a lot for ohers, (including myself sometimes) to grasp.
It has always been difficult for me to say no or turn down opportunities to help others, raise money and/or attend events to show my support for causes and organizations that I deeply care about.
As much as I love to DO IT ALL, I’ve really been working on being better to myself.
I’ve adopted and practiced this mantra:
Be grateful. Do what you can with what you have. You are doing the best you can with what you have, right now, where you are.
Set your self
- Seek and Savor Mentorship. It is such an amazing feeling to know that you’ve got great leaders that have your back, support you and are there for you during the ups and downs. Mentors are your greatest cheerleaders that will continue to best encourage and motivate you to be the best you can be, ever step of the way. Creating and maintains strong mentor/mentee relationships will help you become a better leader. You will come to experience the rewards in both types of relationships; tenfold. At the end of the day, relationships are crucial and really do matter.
- Partner and Connect. Never feel like you are chasing your dream alone because you NEVER are or will be alone in this journey. There are people out there that want to get to know you and your passions and help you get to where you want to be. This starts with your willingness to put yourself out there, make mistakes and learn and grow from a wide range of experiences, often frightening ones.
- Be Bold…er. Get out of your comfort zone. Take on new challenges. Be Bold. You’ll thank yourself later and achieve more than you ever thought possible. A lot of what may be holding you back from doing “that crazy thing” you’ve always wanted to do is your mental game. Knock out your doubt- you got this!
- Always Live Out Your Mission. My good mentor, Darrell Thompson told me this in the beginning stages of our mentor/mentee relationship. Especially as I continue to view RLR mainly from a nonprofit standpoint, this is so crucial. As a nonprofit, we are mission based. This has been such a great reminder for me to continue focus on when I am looking for inspiration. My mission inspires me to keep doing the work I love with what I have been given this far. The funds, supporters and bigger things will come, I just need to continue to keep in mind how important my mission is and how important it is to live and practice it day in and day out- no matter what.
- Never Give Up. I believe nothing you truly deeply desire comes easy and to some extent, never should; that is often the real thrill of the chase. This statement has so much meaning and means so much to me. This is one of the many reasons why I put it in Run Like REL‘s mission statement;
We inspire young adults to dream big and chase after their wildest passions; all with a never-give-up attitude.
Hold Fast to Your Dreams,